2023 South Texas Helice Grand Prix
February 3 @ 9:00 am - February 5 @ 5:00 pm
AMERICAN SHOOTING CENTERS FEBRUARY 3, 4, 5, 2023
Selection matches for 2023 USA Helice Team sanctioned by the United States Helice Association
There will be 2 shooting rings
PRELIMINARY DAY EVENT
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3: PRACTICE STARTS @ 12:00 NOON
10 bird races through the afternoon/evening.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY (FEBRUARY 4th & 5th) •
THIRTY TARGETS EACH DAYFROM 26 METERS
US HELICE TEAM “QUALIFYING EVENT”
Saturday & Sunday’s 30 bird Helice events shall each be a “qualifying match” for USHA
members competing for the USHA Sponsored 2023 United States Helice Team.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4th:
• Practice starts at 9:00 am. Main race starts at 10:00 am.
• Practice & Pool Shoots follow until 4 pm.
• Review of guns to follow.
Review of guns for Sunday’s 30 target event
SHOOTERS ENTRY FEE $100.00 MINIMUM BID ON SELF $100.00 BUYER SHARE 85%
SHOOTER SHARE 15% DIVIDED 50% – 30% – 20% • PAID TO TOP THREE HIGH SCORES • TIES DIVIDE
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5th:
Practice starts at 9:00 am. The Main race starts at 10:00 am. Practice & Pool Shoots follow until 4 pm.
AWARDS: HOA Saturday, HOA Sunday, HOA for both days combined; Juniors, Ladies,
Men’s, Seniors (56 – 65), Veterans (66 – 72), and Masters (73+)
DAILY 30 TARGET HELICE MAIN RACE ENTRY FEE $150.00, DOES NOT
INCLUDE DAILY USHA FEE of $20.00 DAILY. TOTAL ENTRY FEE: $170.00
DAILY MAIN RACE NON-COMPULSORY PURSES & OPTIONS
Jumbo Purse (1 ST , 2 ND , 3 RD ) $300.00
Championship Purse (1 ST , 2 ND , 3 RD ) $150.00
Consolation Purse (4 TH , 5 TH , 6 TH ) $75.00
THREE PLACE OPTIONS DIVIDED 50% – 30% – 20% PAID TO TOP THREE HIGH SCORES, TIES DIVIDE
*ADDITIONAL OPTIONS TO BE DETERMINED BY PARTICIPATION
*ADDITIONAL OPTIONS: 10’s, 15’s, Long Front, Long Rear, etc. will all be available for $10 each option, paying one money & ties divided.
- All purses and options are non-compulsory. Shooters may shoot for entry fees only.
- Purse and option payouts to be based on actual event scores (not high gun) all ties divide.
- Heaviest shot charge allowed for the competition is 1oz, the largest shot size is 2.7mm. Factory ammo only.
- Helice practice targets shall be available for $3.00 each.
- USHA rules shall apply.
- Seniors 56 – 65, Veterans 66 – 72, Masters 73+, Juniors under 21.
- Calcutta purchases must be paid for in cash prior to the start of Sunday’s event.
- Management reserves the right to modify/revise program as deemed appropriate.
Food & Beverages will be available to all shooters and their guests and is hosted by American Shooting Centers
NO ALCOHOL PRIOR TO THE END OF SHOOTING
Contacts for shoot information:
Sam Shiller 832-731-2835
Michael Sellers 713-828-6023
Ed Arrighi 281-381-7773